Sunday, September 16, 2007

Chemo - round 2... afterthoughts...

CT scan from early June

I expected round 2 to go similarly to the first round. Pretty much it was. I was able to drive myself there and back. The worst part about the actual infusion is getting benedryl interveinously first. That stuff makes me drowsy and anxious at the same time. After the infusion at the Oncologist's office, I really dont feel that bad or anything. It takes some time for the chemo to "get to work." I felt OK all weekend but the "uneasy mono-like feelings" that I get, hung around for a day or two longer.

I decided to stay in and vegetate over the weekend, instead of go out in the city like last time. It was probably a good thing to conserve my energy. The same gastric problems that happened round 1 returned a few days later and this time they stuck around almost all week. Didnt hurt as much as the first round because I knew what to expect and took the right meds to counter this in advance.

When I could I exercised: walked, biked and lifted weights several times. It was what got me back to normal; my symptoms subsided because of it. I only had to take an anti-nausea pill on two days and overall had no nausea problems to speak of. But I did get woosy at work after lunch once.

Only 10 rounds left.

No comments: