Sunday, March 8, 2009

Great News.. Port is out, and Sugar is down.

Well it has been two weeks since the Port that was placed in my chest a year and a half ago has been removed.

I am happy to say that the surgery was very minor. They used local anesthetic and I was talking to the doctor the entire time.

I rested on the first night, and following that I was up and about just fine. didn't even taken a Tylenol for the pain - really it just felt a little sore.

I had a big piece of gauze taped on to my chest which eventually sloughed off, and under that was several steri-strips, some of the medical superglue, and then several biodegradable stitches which will eventually fade away. Details Details..

For anyone who was wondering, I just thought I'd let you know. It isn't nearly as big of a deal as when they put the port in.

My only slight regret is that they would not let me keep the port as a souvenir. They said it was medical waste, and a biohazzard because of the chemo that has gone through it. o well....

Other than that - things have been good. Last week I attended Yoga class and realized that this is the first time I could do the Cobra pose without feeling like I was laying on top of a bottle cap. And today I returned to weight lifting at Citywide Super Slow.

In addition to getting the port out, I have been able to control my blood sugar through diet and have managed to get my morning glucose level back into the 90's.

So overall life is good. The weather is warming up and Spring will be here soon.

I'm looking forward to biking again once it warms up. And within a few weeks I am going to return to taking ginsing, and the mushroom supplement AHCC.

I am cured of colon cancer until further notice.

No comments: