Thursday, October 25, 2007

Round 4, 5...

Greetings,

Well I didnt post anything after my Fourth round and now we are almost done with the 5th round.

Between the two, my brother got married and I was the Best Man. In order to make sure the weekend was great, I postphoned my chemo treatment till the following Monday. Yes, this can be done.

It was a somewhat busy week leading up to the wedding, although that was a "recovery week" and my energy grew. The wedding was really 3 days if you count the Rehearsal Dinner, wedding day with pictures, and Sunday brunch and recouping.

Then Monday I had treatment. That has been a test of strength so far. I went to work on Wednesday, and half of Thursday. Tomorrow I get the Erbutix. I havent really started bouncing back from the Folfox yet. This should be interesting. In the meantime a blood test came back showing that my liver enzymes are elevated due to the chemo. Not dangerously high, but enough to warrant further monitoring. (AST 63) (ALT 152).

On the upside, I have been gaining weight. A few pounds here and there. Been eating a lot actually but it adds up to only a couple of pounds over a 2 week period. Small but good news.

In general, everything is upbeat and optimistic. Im a little more tired for a day or two longer. After the 6th round, things will probably stay the same thru the end. That will be 12-14 weeks from now.

I also am working on a new project for a CD. More on that later. But it is something that I cant wait to tell you about - it will be very good.

No comments: