Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yay.. continued

Well the good news is that my CEA level in my blood is 0.4, which is excellent. If it was above 2.5, it would indicate that there is possibly some kind of tumor activity going on. So I am going in for a complete physical in a week or two and then will be scheduling a minor surgery to remove the port in my chest. Then, keeping my fingers crossed, I will remain healthy and not ever have to have another one put back in.

What's a port? Here is a quick looksie:

http://www.bardnordic.com/main/product.asp?sectionTypeId=2&sectionId=28&productId=152

From here on out, I just have to keep an eye open and see my Doctors regularly. It has been about a year and a half since surgery. Most recurrences, 80%, (if they occur at all) happen in the first two years. After that the risk of a recurrence drops dramatically, however it does not drop to zero. I will be living the straight and narrow for a few more years.

No comments: