Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Images of my insides..

In light of my recent CT scan and the results coming back totally clean (Whoo hoo!), I thought you might like to see some of the images.. Sort of a celebration I suppose - this is what a clean bill of health looks like. I requested a copy of the CT scan from the hospital and they gave it to me on a CD. It is a good idea to have this and keep it in a safe place. Every doctor that I see, or will see in the future, gets a copy of these.




Different cross-section views of my abdomen using two different scanning techniques (I think, because one looks more sharp than the other) You can see my spine and back muscles on the bottom, then the ribcage on top. A view of various organs all in the middle. The top photo is roughly hip-height and shows some of the pelvic bone in white. The second photo is a cross-section from higher up, near the belly button.



(I deleted some of the personal information from these, like account number and name, etc. I looked through tons of these pictures, which are slices through my body from different angles. The ones I posted here just looked like they showed the most "stuff" but I really don't know what to look for. I leave that up to the doctors.





They say there are surgical clips in me where the reconnection is, but I don't know what to look for. I think that would be cool to see. I was also trying to see how my large intestine is now positioned differently because I no longer have the sigmoid portion of it. What am I looking at? Tell me what you see.

Aftermath: Well now, the CT scan is done and the next one wont occur for another two years provided my bloodwork continues to be normal. I see my Oncologist at the beginning of December and if all goes well, we will make arrangements to have the port in my chest removed. Stay tuned for more...

No comments: