Sunday, June 29, 2008

One Year Anniversary - and a Toast!

"All Hail the TriLyte"

Why am I writing to you? Well, the reason is obvious. I am approaching the one year anniversary of my surgery - that is One Year N.E.D. No Evidence of Disease. A milestone for sure.

But let us not jump to early conclusions. With that date approaching, I am embarking on my annual colonoscopy - which will occur tomorrow morning. And this will help determine whether I indeed get the stamp of NED for the year. Yay!

So the process involved now, at this very instant, is the official drinking of the major laxatives to clean out my intestines. You missed it, a couple of hours ago, I celebrated the popping of the four laxative pills. I think they had the insignia of a skull and crossbones on them.. Anyways...

So if you will, let us raise our cups of TriLite (basically propylene glycol and water, with a so-called cherry flavor additive) and have a swig. It cleans you out real nice like. ooo weee!

Smile, as you step a little closer to the bathroom door.. And remember that its a small price to pay for early detection of a possible recurrence.



This isnt TriLyte, this is something I saw a few doors down from a bar called The Twisted Spoke, in Chicago.

No comments: